Fay is regularly interviewed in national, provincial, local and international media, community media and media serving distinct immigrant/migrant communities across Canada to address issues relating to equality rights, constitutional rights (Charter of Rights & Freedoms), migrant worker rights, labour and employment issues, discrimination and harassment, and closing the gender pay gap.
She has extensive experience with interviews in all media formats including, live short-form interviews on radio and television, live long-form interviews on radio, television and online streaming, live panel interviews on television, long-form pre-taped interviews on television and radio, television documentaries, print journalism (daily newspapers and magazine format), and online new media and podcasts. She has been interviewed by numerous media outlets including: CBC radio (including numerous appearances on CBC Metro Morning), CBC television (including The National), CTV television and online, TVO (The Agenda), Global TV, Toronto Star, Huffington Post, The National Post, Financial Post, Macleans, rabble.ca, NOW Magazine, vice.com, Blacklocks, and ipolitics.ca among many others. Her op-ed pieces have been published by the Toronto Star, Our Times, The Law Times, and published online by the Broadbent Institute and others. She also consulted on the 2017 Hillman Journalism prize-winning documentary Migrant Dreams which can be viewed here.
Some recent interviews include:
- CBC Metro Morning, “Closing Ontario’s wage gap”, 7 March 2018 (9:58 minutes)
- Macleans Magazine, “The Wage Gap Reckoning is Here”. See multiple articles in 8 February 2018 issue which had gender-pricing for the hard copy magazine which had a focus on pay equity, as well as collected articles and resources online under the collection “Macleans on #PayEquity”
- CBC Ideas, national radio broadcast, 7 February 2018 “The Poverty Cycle: Why is there so much poverty in a rich country like Canada” (54:05 minutes)
- Toronto Star Editorial, 10 October 2017, “Migrant farm workers deserve to be treated decently: Editorial”
- Toronto Star, 8 October 2017, “Unscrupulous recruiters keep migrant workers in ‘debt bondage’”
- Toronto Star, 11 April 2017, “Ontario urged to tackle gender pay gap with transparency law”
- TVO, The Agenda, live television panel interview, 14 September 2016, “The Lives of Migrant Workers” (27:52 minutes)
- Global TV, 16 x 9, television documentary, The Labour Trap (April 2016)
- Calgary Herald, 14 September 2016, “The murky world of agencies that recruit migrant workers”
- CBC radio, Metro Morning, live radio interview, 8 May 2014, “Foreign Worker Changes?” (7:30 minutes)
- CBC radio, Metro Morning, live radio interview, 23 June 2014, “Canadians Come First” (7:00 minutes)